All Creatures has the purrrfect guide for your cat’s holiday sitter
June 7, 2023
If you are planning a holiday this year and your cat is being cared for by a pet sitter, have a read of this. Our Head Nurse Sarah has created a list of the information you’ll need to provide to the sitter before you go on holiday. It is also worth giving them a copy of All Creatures’ summer first aid tips for cats.
If you are planning a holiday abroad and think you will be out of contact, it is worth letting us know who is caring for your cat whilst you’re away. That way, if your cat sitter rings for advice or an appointment, we already have your consent to proceed promptly with treatment. Chat to our reception team more about this.
Feeding and watering instructions
- Clear instructions on what and how much to feed your cat, as well as how often.
- Any special dietary requirements or allergies your cat may have.
- Instructions on where your cat’s water bowls are and how often to refresh them.
Litter box care
- Clear instructions on how often to clean the litter box.
- Where to find extra cat litter.
- How to dispose of used cat litter.
- Make sure the sitter knows the importance of keeping the litter box clean to ensure your cat’s health and wellbeing.
Medications and health concerns
- Information on any medications your cat may need, including dosage amounts and instructions for administration. Try to make sure your pet has enough medication issued from All Creatures so your pet sitter doesn’t run out whilst you are away.
- Any health concerns or conditions your cat may have, including allergies or chronic illnesses.
Play and exercise needs
- Instructions on how often to play with your cat.
- What toys or activities your cat enjoys.
Emergency contact information
- Your contact information.
- All Creatures Healthcare’s contact information.
- Any backup contacts in case of an emergency.
- Information on any potential hazards in your home, such as electrical cords, poisonous plants, or open windows.
Be sure to include feeding and watering instructions, litter box care, medication and health concerns, play and exercise needs, and emergency contact information in your handover. By providing this information to your cat sitter, you can ensure that your cat receives the care they need day to day, as well as from All Creatures if needed whilst you’re away, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free holiday.
Don’t forget to download our summer first aid tips for cats and share this page to help other cat owners!