Specialist care and advice for all exotics
We provide specialist care and advice for unusual animals of all shapes and sizes from our Norwich practice. You can count on us for trusted consultation on everything, from small mammals and reptiles to birds, fish, amphibians, and invertebrates.
Our Head Vet, Louise, and the rest of the team see exotic patients from all over East Anglia, some that come as a first opinion case and many that are referred or recommended by other vets in the region.
We have invested in specialist equipment that enables us to provide a high standard of care for all our patients, for example:
- Dentistry equipment for rabbits and other rodents
- Small instruments for operations on tiny patients
- A dedicated ward for exotic patients
- Sevoflurane – a much safer, quicker anaesthetic gas
- In house laboratory for rapid results on small blood samples
- Small ultrasound probe to perform scans on birds and small mammals
- Storz rigid endoscopy Telepak system
What is an ‘exotic’ pet?
An exotic pet is normally classed as any pet that is not a cat, dog or rabbit. Our veterinary team led by head vet Louise, are regularly called to look after all ‘exotics’ (guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters, gerbils and the like) and between them have an expert knowledge of less common species, like birds, reptiles, amphibians, zoo animals and invertebrates.